• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tablas de Damiel (1 Viewer)

Trik

www.trikimages.co.uk Wildlife photography
We have an opportunity to visit this park, but I have been told that there is a lot of walking to do to get around it. Unfortunately, my stamina is not what it was, so can anyone tell me, please, if there are seats here and there, or would I have to perch up on the walkway railings when available?

Also, could anyone point me to a map of the park, showing paths etc. please?

Many thanks

See this link for information: https://www.spain.info/en/que-quieres/naturaleza/espacios-naturales/parque_nacional_de_las_tablas_de_daimiel.html

A great little site well worth a visit. There are three or more walking routes but the distances are not far and it is generally flat. I seem to remember a few benches / seats but much of the walking is done on boardwalks so there are plenty of railings to lean on.

I can't find the link I had for a downloadable map but there is an information center there that will have them - the opening times are in the link above.

Thanks, Pete. I'll check out the spain.info link you gave me. Good to know that there should be places to rest up.

Hi Trik. I've been there many times and although there is not much when it comes to seats, you will find three hides where to rest and a nice wooden itinerary on a footbridge where you can lean if necessary. The visitor centre has toilets. Nearby the Navaseca lagoon is a stopover I totally recommend, where you won't need to walk much. Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back