• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Antioquia and Caldas, Colombia April 2024 (2 Viewers)

MacHector

Hi All. I have enormous respect for birders who post real long shots on this forum (big shout out to LRP for 2 days in Ecuador btw). Here is my effort. Is anyone interested in 5 days in Antioquia and Caldas in Colombia from 31 March to 4 April? Departing out of Medellin. Main sites to visit would be La Romera, Cauca River, Las Tangaras, Jardin and the Yellow-eared Parrot Reserve, and Rio Blanco. There is the opportunity for a significant number of endemics and specialities including Greyish Piculet, Antioquia Wren, Apical Flycatcher, Stile's Tapaculo, Black-and-gold Tanager, Indigo Flowerpiercer, Gold-ringed Tanager, Tatama Tapaculo, Parker's Antbird, Colombian Chachalaca, Chestnut-naped Antpitta, Chami Antpitta, Yellow-eared Parrot, Munchique Wood-Wren, Chestnut-crested Cotinga, Brown-banded Antpitta, Bicoloured Antpitta, Masked Saltator, Chestnut Wood-quail and Ocellated Tapaculo. The supporting cast is pretty exceptional too. It will be a high-listing 5 days.

I have a guide who I have used before who is very good. I can only stay 5 days but there are plenty of opportunities in the area for extending for those with more time. The on the ground price will be very reasonable. Unfortunately I have no flexibility in dates. Please DM me if in the long shot you are interested. Cheers. Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back