• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'British Birds' Rarities issue (1 Viewer)

Bob Scott said:
It sounds as though there are a lot of people out there that wish to know what is in BB but not subscribe to it!!

With Christmas coming up, if anyone doesn't know what they want, why not drop hints for an annual subscription starting with the Jan. issue.

A present that you can appreciate throughout the year rather than 'filing away' after Boxing Day!

Bob Scott said:
It sounds as though there are a lot of people out there that wish to know what is in BB but not subscribe to it!!
Not quite sure what prompted that statement. I'm sure you're better connected than I am, but it's not a view I come across in the field much and I don't see much evidence of it on this thread.

Speaking for myself, I've asked two questions, one of which was more out of idle curiosity and to generate some discussion. To pay £50-odd to get one request for information answered - or even £12 for a single issue - should make anyone think twice.

That said, I entirely agree with Tim. BB is excellent and very catholic in its coverage. I subscribed for 19 years. I only stopped because I was spending getting on for £300 pa on subcriptions of various kinds and not having enough time to read all the journals I was taking. Something had to give and since birds is not the top priority in my life it was BB and Birding World that had to go. When life calms down a bit I would have no hesitation in resubscribing.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back