• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

gull info required please (1 Viewer)

ADRIANS PHOTOGRAPHY

I was wondering if anyone on here knew of any webs sites that actually carried graphics (drawings no photographs) of all species of seagull and if they did the graphics from juvenile all the way through to adult (1st winter, 1st summer and so on) so I could download them and keep in a small laminated book for myself.

I have over the last few months started to take a very big interest in Gulls but do find carrying 2 big heavy books around with me a little tiresome days.

I have the books mentioned on here for seabirds and wildfowl but would like to carry something a little less heavy around with me any help would be gratefully received

I was wondering if anyone on here knew of any webs sites that actually carried graphics (drawings no photographs) of all species of seagull and if they did the graphics from juvenile all the way through to adult (1st winter, 1st summer and so on) so I could download them and keep in a small laminated book for myself.

I have over the last few months started to take a very big interest in Gulls but do find carrying 2 big heavy books around with me a little tiresome days.

I have the books mentioned on here for seabirds and wildfowl but would like to carry something a little less heavy around with me any help would be gratefully received

I'm not aware of any, as most gull ID websites concentrate on the multitude of plumage variations between individuals as well as ages; you'll never get someone to illustrate the vast number of variations in immature plumages just for the web when it is so much easier to illustrate a point with a series of photos.

If you already have the books, why not scan the pages that interest you or photograph them with a compact digital. Then you can crop and arrange the illustrations to what you want, then print out at the size you want.

Mark

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back