• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyway of having two users at once? (1 Viewer)

colonelboris

Right way up again
Now that dear Mrs Boris has signed up on here, is there anyway of having two users logged in simultaneously on one computer?

Try opening 2 Internet explorers you log in on one and the wife on the other. Don't know if it will work but worth a try.

Mick

I actually quite often open up two windows in Internet Explorer, with myself logged on to each. This is real helpful when trying to find a previous post, get the url, and use it in a response to a current thread.

Ah, tried it, but no. As soon as you refresh the other tab, it sets it to the last user to log in. I'll try one in firefox, one in opera and see how that goes...
Thanks for the advice, though.

I managed to do it but only with two seperate computers through a d-link wireless network. I couldn't do it on the same computer, It just comes up that I am already logged in.

Unless you're not talking to each other and want to pass curt messages to each other online, couldn't you just have a "Mr and Mrs Boris" login (sorry, don't know the female equivalent of a colonel) and share the keyboard?

I now have a mental image of Mrs B on your lap....shall I press "post reply" dear?..No you press it darling, I pressed it last time....

Hmm... Now opera doesn't want to work. And I can't be bottomed to download and mess about with nutscrape, sorry netscape...

Mrs Boris doesn't get to sit on my lap until she finishes her lap dancing course.

I'm glad she doesn't use this forum much...

You could always treat Mrs B to a small laptop for Xmas,then she can spend all her time on BF!!! a "his " and "hers"!!!

colonelboris said:
Now that dear Mrs Boris has signed up on here, is there anyway of having two users logged in simultaneously on one computer?

I can open two IE windows and log on as myself in each without a problem.

It should be no problem for you to do the same, especially as you will have different user names.

DW

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back