• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Arkansas (1 Viewer)

AbbyR

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello from southeast Arkansas. I've been watching birds for several years and thought it might be fun to really get into it more deeply.
Right now, I just watch the multiple bird feeders in my yard and count the hawks on my 50 trip to work each day. (A seven-hawk day is a good day.)
I've been married for 25 years to the same guy, we have three children, two in college, one out, a schipperke and two parakeets. When not watching birds, I am the editor of a medium-sized award-winning weekly newspaper, read just about everything I can find and am involved in community theater.
Anyway, that's it, I suppose. Thanks for inviting me to hang out.
Abby in Arkansas

Welcome Abby, I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here. You seem to lead a pretty busy life, so I hope you'll find time to tell us something about the birds in Arkansas.

Hi Abby,

On behalf of Admin and the Moderators, welcome to Bird Forum :t:

We have a very friendly bunch of members on this site who I am sure will be very interested to read of your birding experiences over your way. I hope that you derive as much enjoyment from the site as I have done over the last few months.

Glad to have you on board Abby.

Abby, we're glad to have you aboard!

You sound quite busy -- and an award-winning weekly sounds very interesting! Is it on-line? Would enjoy taking a look.

How nice that you're seeing hawks on the way to work. I drive through the city and rarely get to see one that way -- although I have been surprised by a Cooper's and a Red-Shoulder once or twice!

Wow ! Good For You To See All Them Hawks ! I Am New Here And Live In Texas I See Alot Of Buzzards Lol But Very Few Hawks ! I Do See Lots Of Road Runners Though ! Among Others . I Just Love The Purple Buntings ! They Are One Of My Favorites ! Although I Love All My Birs Here .

Wow ! Good For You To See All Them Hawks ! I Am New Here And Live In Texas I See Alot Of Buzzards Lol But Very Few Hawks ! I Do See Lots Of Road Runners Though ! Among Others . I Just Love The Painted Buntings ! They Are One Of My Favorites ! Although I Love All My Birds Here .

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back