• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wish: 200-500mm update... (1 Viewer)

Ah yes, I can appreciate the wish for another 100mm focal length.
I would really want to keep the f5.6 maximum aperture at the long end though, perhaps that could mean opening up to f4 or f4.5 at the short end too.

As I said in the other thread, I would've been happy with a higher end GM version if it was f5.6 and used carbon fibre reinforced engineering plastics to get down to ~2kg at the same time, or even combined FL, aspherical, and Diffractive Optics elements to bring it under that weight.

No matter what Sony come up with 'Pro' APS-C Mirrorless body-wise, I don't think this 200-600 lens as delivered would compel me to change.

I should try and get my hands on the 600 f4 GM one day though and check it out - just to be sure ! :)

Chosun :gh:

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back