• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sigma price drops... (1 Viewer)

Sure would love an 800 5.6 prime...too bad that's a pipe dream. On a realistic note, I wish the 500 4.5 was on the list. And of course, that assumes the US will see the same changes.

Pity there is no impact on the Sigma 10-20mm, it might have derailed me from my intentions on the Tokina 12-24mm if it dropped enough.

I understand the info given explains the Pound to Yen ratio as the main reasoning behind the savings. Still, there is a small part of me that hopes the price drops will be coinciding with some lens revisions that include OS. Just a hunch, although I've certainly been wrong before.

I understand the info given explains the Pound to Yen ratio as the main reasoning behind the savings. Still, there is a small part of me that hopes the price drops will be coinciding with some lens revisions that include OS. Just a hunch, although I've certainly been wrong before.

Well if it is related to the pound to yen then the price should be going up not down (the yen has gone up by about 40% in the last 18 months).................so maybe you're right about the OS revisions................you never know.

Well if it is related to the pound to yen then the price should be going up not down (the yen has gone up by about 40% in the last 18 months).................so maybe you're right about the OS revisions................you never know.

Well,

on our side of the pond Sigma prices went up a fair bit in the past 18 month. Before Christmas 2008 the 300 2.8 was going for 2500 CAD and the 500 4.5 for 4500 CAD, now one is looking at 3500 Cad and 5900 CAD. Guess 40% sounds about right ...........

UH

I believe your bang on target, there's a lot of sigmas without OS and a lot of canon with IS. IMHO. mike

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back