• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eagle Optics for Noctivid? They're a safe purchase correct? (1 Viewer)

dwever

Eagle Optics for Noctivid? They're a trustworthy retailer correct?

I just got off the chat with an Eagle Optics representative who advised they have the Noctivid 8X42 in stock and ready to ship.

1. Should I have any reservations about ordering from this retailer? My UV HD Plus purchases have previously been from CameraLand, and an Ultravid and Zeiss Marines from Midway USA.

2. How is their return policy if needed? From this forums' comments I think I' will well see enough difference between the Noctivids and my UVHD+ to keep them, but in the unlikely event I'm underwhelmed is there recourse?

Last edited:
I just got off the chat with an Eagle Optics representative who advised they have the Noctivid 8X42 in stock and ready to ship.

1. Should I have any reservations about ordering from this retailer? My UV HD Plus purchases have previously been from CameraLand, and an Ultravid and Zeiss Marines from Midway USA.

2. How is their return policy if needed? From this forums' comments I think I' will well see enough difference between the Noctivids and my UVHD+ to keep them, but in the unlikely event I'm underwhelmed is there recourse?

Nancy said okay, so I'm good to go pending your advice! :). Thanks so much for your help folks.

Yes, EO is one of the absolute best. They are my first choice and a lot of birders order from them.

I would have no reservations about ordering from them. My personal history has just been a couple of cases and all went well with fast shipping. Based on my limited personal experience, observations of their policies and actions, and what I have read on the forum, I would put them right up there with Cameraland and B & H Photo.

They are a small operation which lends to a knowledgeable staff and a quick response to issues. However I believe the parent company is Vortex so they have major backing. They also are strong supporters of the birding community and participate in various shows and make contributions to those sponsoring birding organizations. Some of their staff do participate on the Forum at times. They also put out informative Youtube videos on optics. They do offer services not available from the big guys. A couple of examples are selling your old equipment on eBay and sponsoring birding tours.

As far as returns, they seem to be one of the best based on some of the posts. There are several examples where the buyer was not sure what they wanted and ordered multiple models to compare at the same time. Eagle Optics does not seem to have a problem and was supportive to the buyer.

I hope you go ahead and get it because it will be informative to read your comparison to the Ultravid Plus.

Eagle Optics is top notch. I've bought a lot from them. This doesn't apply to your case, but one thing I've appreciated when helping folks find a good budget "starter" bin is that EO has been willing to check for obvious flaws prior to shipping. That can save some trouble when ordering cheap bins that are sometimes defective right out of the box.

--AP

Eagle Optics has a 30 day return policy for binoculars purchased from them. I used it on one occasion with no problem. Their service was always excellent when I dealt with them. I purchased a number of binoculars from them over the last 10 or 12 years.

See details on the return policy below:

https://www.eagleoptics.com/pages/return-policy

Bob

What everyone else said! No reservations whatsoever!

Kinda funny.... I was on the phone today checking availability of the 10X42s!

Eagle Optics is top notch. This doesn't apply to your case, but one thing I've appreciated when helping folks find a good budget "starter" bin is that EO has been willing to check for obvious flaws prior to shipping.
--AP

Funny you would say that, I actually asked eagle optics if they would do that for me on this purchase.

My first pair of Leica UVHD + had focus play/slop and from that point forward I would have CameraLand employees pull it out in advance and check for that. At one point in UVHD+ I had 7X42, 8X42, and 10X50. Deeply regret selling the 7X42's, but new Noctivids should help my pain ;).

Kinda funny.... I was on the phone today checking availability of the 10X42s!

Hope we can get together in Decatur! B&H were showing 10X42's ready to ship but not 8X.

Last edited:
Eagle Optics is fine. I got my Swarovski 8.5x42 EL SV from them (old-new stock of the pre-FieldPro model). They called me to check my email (I assign a dedicated email to each online vendor) as I was a first-time buyer, but shipping was very swift.

Hope we can get together in Decatur! B&H were showing 10X42's ready to ship but not 8X.

Yeah we need to!

Went to Swan Creek today! FANTASTIC day of birding!

BTW.....K&M Camera NY, NY came thru for me. Haven't even opened the box!

Attachments

• IMG_34441.JPG
    IMG_34441.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 86
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back