• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Perfectly Clear plug-in for Photoshop (1 Viewer)

gergrd

GREG
I'm trying out a new plug-in named Perfectly Clear. It's main claim (as I see it) is ease and speed of use. It does seem easy to use, but I'm not sure it produces better results than my normal process (raw image processing, followed by clean-up, cropping, noise reduction and sharpening). In any event, I grabbed a recent photo and ran it through both my normal process and Perfectly Clear. The crops are slightly different. I didn't spend a lot of time on either. You can tweak the sliders in Perfectly Clear for saturation, sharpness and so forth - I didn't bother. I'd also remove some of the clutter in this shot if I were going to post it in my gallery.

This might be the answer for a wedding photographer who wants to quickly process hundreds of shots - but that isn't my thing.

Not a bad plug-in though and on sale for $99 US this weekend. Compared to what Nik charged for individual modules before Google bought them) that is a good price.

Here is a link to their website: http://www.athentech.com/home.html

Greg

Attachments

• Chipmunk_DSC0048_normal_2013early.jpg
    Chipmunk_DSC0048_normal_2013early.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 102
  • Chipmunk_DSC0048_PerfectlyClear_2013.jpg
    Chipmunk_DSC0048_PerfectlyClear_2013.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 99
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back