• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID for a rainforest call (1 Viewer)

Vinaheritage

Hi. I spend a fair bit of time in and around BRVT province. On a number of occasions I've heard a distinct call in the mountains near Long Hai (former Minh Dam base) but never caught a glimpse of the animal/s. The area is wellr regenerated rainforest (post war) with patched of drier scrub.

The call is a strong, clear, deep descending 'hoo doo doo doo doo'. Once I have heard a reply but usually on its own. I am guessing a pigeon or hornbill of some sort? Any assistance in clearing up my mystery sound(!) greatly appreciated!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back