• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID guides (1 Viewer)

Following this thread I googled MacMillan Field Guide to Bird Identification which came up with plenty of matches - www.birdguides.com has it available
M09304 Macmillan Field Guide to Bird Identification £14.99 plus p & p

I've ordered it but I don't know what pictures will be on the cover!

John Fleet

Macmillan Field Guide to Bird Identification

spoke too soon - got an e-mail today from Birdguides to say they don't have it in stock and have not date for it coming in!

... so I've suggested that they might think about pulling it from their site until if and when they get some stock...

Woody you can always back up your ID book witha birdguides cd rom.One can put in all the features and it comes up with what it thinks it might be ,plus a list of very similiar species,so you can have a few to choose from.
Christine.

Hey Jim - welcome to the bird forum. I am sure you will find this a great place to visit and a source of much good information and knowledge.

- Whereabouts in Sheffield are you?

The Macmillan Guide to Bird Identification

Actually Amazon have it shown as out of stock in both the US and UK stores. There is a independent US bookseller who have it listed but in my experience (see earlier in the thread) that's no guarantee that they actually have the book and even if they do it's not going to be cost effective for us UK based birders to try and order it :-(

I picked the MacMillan up a couple of months ago. I think you might find it in a village bookshop or somesuch where stock doesn't change that much. I got mine in Long Melford.

I have also seen it in those shops that sell discounted (remaindered) books - god knows why it would have been remaindered though - it's superb!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back