• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A few pics of the day. (1 Viewer)

dafi

Today i started my winter birding classes and although it was realy to clear and bright for migrants to be hanging around i did manage a few snaps of the usual suspects. There will be a round up of the day in local patch later but i thought i would fire a few snaps up here for the crack!
The first is a Knot Blending in nicely with the shore stone,the second is the same Knot moved of to settle with these Turnstone.
The third is a rare example of a bird bathed in sunlight.!! And the last one is Twite bathing and drinking at the last fresh water before the journey south. All in all it was a nice day to be out.

Attachments

• bf a knot on shore.jpg
    bf a knot on shore.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 23
  • bf knot ts.jpg
    bf knot ts.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 30
  • bfacurlew.jpg
    bfacurlew.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 26
  • bfa twite bath.jpg
    bfa twite bath.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 28
Excellent, Dafi. You had a much better day up there today than we had down here.

Never seen a Twite before. Where will they be heading now?

hi dafi

Lovely pictures of the Knots/Turnstone, and the one of the Curlew is super

As Wendy has mentioned I have never seen a Twite before either. :-O

It looks although you had a good bird class day out today ;)

Regards
Kathy

Really beautiful shots Daf! Though that one of the Curlew in the sun is an absolute cracker! They all show the beauty and peace of our Bird world...so long as they're let to stay that way. Wonderfully camouflaged Knot. When camping (again) a couple of weeks ago Terry & I saw what you meant about having the Turnstones all around you that day up on Orkney - we were surrounded by 19 of them and it was thrilling! Twites are gorgeous little things, lots up there this year again for us.

Thanks for those Daf, brilliant! Are you putting them all on your own patch thread? I hope so, it'll be a great break between the chat.

Sue

Wonderful pics Dafi.....twas a grand weekend to be out and about wasn't it?
I love the Twites too.......not seen any of those.....as yet.
The Turnstones are special little birds to us too....never leave a stone unturned eh? lol!
Why don't you make the most of the free blog offer from BF to put all your reports and pics in together??

Hi Dafi,

That was a well worth-while day out. Great photos, especially the Curlew.

Unusual to see a Knot on it's own, they're usually in flocks. Don't often see Turnstones that peaceful either, they're usually rushing around like BAFs. Nice to see a photo of Twite, a very overlooked little bird.

Bill

Thanks for your kind coments on the snaps guys.

Wendy you would think i would know where they were heading wouldnt you but i dont , i think its the Med/ N Africa but i might be wrong.

Ruth im so flat out typing with two fingers on other stuff i just dont have time to do a blog although i do fancy one i must admit.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back