• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help for next week - Sproughton (1 Viewer)

oncebittern86

Hi all

I'm doing some training near Sproughton on Hadleigh Road next week and I was wondering if anybody knows any close by places I could pop after for a quick spot of birding?

I've looked on google maps and there does appear to be some small lakes almost behind the venue. I also wondered if Suffolk Water Park was a viable birding spot?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

Hi Joe,
the area I think you are referring to is an Island formed by the course of the River Gipping and an old canal cut, the small lakes are very difficult to access from the Industrial Estate. There was an old Bailey Bridge from the old Sugar Beet Factory, to get to it you would have to walk down stream from Sproughton Village. Even then the bridge may be gated and locked.

The waterpark has a large carpark with a café, suppose you would have to make an enquiry as to whether you could have a walk and bird watch. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back