• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RE: Another later holiday this year! (1 Viewer)

Peewit

Once a bird lover ... always a bird lover
RE: Another holiday later on this year!

Hi there

This is the holiday we have decided to take and it will be just the best for us and we will see it as a another experience in the birding world once more.

http://www.naturalist.co.uk/tours/andalucia2.php

OH and I are filling in the forms tonight and sending them off, and making our payment as soon as possible

This is our third trip out with Travelling Naturalist. Our first was to see Wallcreepers and Cranes in Aragón in Spain (yes, we saw Wallcreepers, and they where fabulous birds to see).
The second a UK trip to Devon for a reunion trip.

So, as I have two above reports yet to add to my forums, this will be the next report and I will forward to adding it in.

Regards
Kathy
x

Last edited:
This holiday is very close now - only days away - cannot wait now :-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O

Armed with our Canon G15, Nikon D7000 camera, 2 sets of binoculars, and our scope we are all packed up now to go

Anyone seen anything of interest where we are going at all - love to hear about it?

Anything that we need to know about? :t:

Regards
Kathy
x

Last edited:
Hi Peewit,if you have Stephen Daley as a guide you do not need anything else.His knowledge of the area is second to none and I am sure you will enjoy your holiday.Maybe we will meet up and chat about Bedford.Kind regards ...Eddy

Look forward to hearing other peoples views about my holiday

Anyone been to this area, and what have they seen?

Regards
Kathy
x

Hello again Kathy, I am sure you will have a fantastic time, Stephen Daly is a great guide and knows the area so well so you will be assured of seeing the best birds. I look forward to hearing all about it! Good luck, Mike

Hello again Kathy, I am sure you will have a fantastic time, Stephen Daly is a great guide and knows the area so well so you will be assured of seeing the best birds. I look forward to hearing all about it! Good luck, Mike

Hello Mike

Thank you for your good wishes, and I will let you kniow on my return

Cannot wait niw to see what birds are around

I will catch with your adventures soon!

Regards
Kathy
x

Hi there

Just back for my holiday last night. It was superb, and just the best ever

I have some things that I need to do up to the end of next week, then I will concentrate on my report, and the areas we visited in Spain.

Worth every penny and the weather was sunny a lot of the time

The best find for us (found by others) was a Red Necked Nightjar hiding in the lower area of spindly trees, and a Spanish Imperial Eagle (by our leader)- 2 times

Regards
Kathy
x

Last edited:
Red Necked Nightjar

Hi there

These are the best 'photos' that my OH could get of the Red Necked Nightjar - not easiest 'bird' to see at all though all of the scrub and trees in the area. We where looking down a steep hill which added to the problem of taking the photo

What a disguise, and very hard to see

Regards
Kathy
x

Attachments

• 1243.JPG
    1243.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 1250.JPG
    1250.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Is that a photographer poking in on the left?

How did your new camera fair?

Also looking to the report....

There where a few people in the area with large lenses, so I would not be surprised if there was a lens impingment going on!

I decided not to bring my new G15, and OH used the Nikon D7000 instead.

So the holiday photos where taken by my OH.

I will set to task with the report now, as I had some things to complete this week.

As from tomorrow, I will be doing my report and will post it asap.

Regards
Kathy
x

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back