• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Starling murmuration videos (1 Viewer)

jarrett

Hi all, need some help from the birding community!

I'm currently working on a UK TV drama which will include some footage of starlings flocking together in big murmurations above the horizon. Unfortunately we're struggling to find footage that is good quality and matches the drama scenes it has to be edited into. Anyone out there sitting on a secret archive of starling clips!? Has to be HD quality (4K if poss) and the higher bitrate the better

Thanks

Hi Jarrett and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

We have a number of videos in BFTV showing starlings going to roost, sadly I've no idea on the technicalities you're looking for and whether any of them fit. However, you could have a look at them through this link on the Common Starling Opus page. The bottom green link show the murmuration videos.

If any of them fit the 'type', you could contact the member directly, to see if they have the quality you require and are prepared to let you use their videos.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Delia - That's very helpful.

Which forum do you think would be the best place to pursue this to get responses from the keenest videographers?

Thanks,

M

Hi again M

What you're probably best to do is to send a Private Message to the individual(s) whose video(s) appeal to you and talk 'technical' to them.

You can call up their names using the View drop down menu at the top right hand side of the screen and click on Member List (I usually find it easiest to C/P the name from the details on the video).

You could also try posting in the Information Wanted forum I suppose.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back