• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Aden Yemen Garden (1 Viewer)

Zangazanga

Hello,
Yesterday while I was watching the walled garden at the location I am staying in in Aden, Yemen, a group of 7 little birds desended. I tried to photograph them with my cell phone through my binoculars. It did not work great.
I am trying to ID what I saw. The best guess I have is perhaps they were Menetries's Warbler (Sylvia mystacea). this is a link to a photo
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ENkyoHQKA8YQvQcS7
I am wondering if anyone can perhaps point me in a direction with this.
They were small and made alot of vocalization. the breast and stomach were a bright white, the back a mid brown and the tail and primaries seemed to make a darker band separating the white below and the brown above as the birds walked about on the stone walkway in the garden (perhaps feeding on grass seeds?)
thanks for any helpf with this
z.

Thanks,
Silverbill was also an initial thought for me , especially with the way the dark tail contrasted with the back. I went away from that when it seemed that I was not noticing anything particularly silver about the bills. But it really seems to be the best call here, in total. Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back