• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Taiwan in mid June. (1 Viewer)

orca

Hi;

I've got the opportunity to travel with my wife and another birding couple to Taipei. We would be able to spend about 4 to 6 days birding. I expect we'd arrive mid June (16th or so) and leave on the 21st or 22nd of June, 2014.

I realize that it's not the best time of year, nevertheless, I doubt if I'll ever get the chance to go again so would like to make the most of this opportunity.

Please, if you have any ideas or suggestions I'd love to hear them ;) . The four of us are in our 60's and would consider hiring a guide.

thanks and good birding, cheers Paul

Richard Foster is your guide if available. (http://birdingtaiwan.blogspot.co.uk/)

He and I managed 31/34 endemics (by most adventurous taxonomy) this July at short notice from me to him and at an equally "unsuitable" time of year...

Superb destination...enjoy

McM

Another recommendation for Richard.....birding in June is tough but you can still find the endemics! Best to head out of Taipei if possible.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Andy;
That is a great looking trip report. My birding Buddy Gary and our wives are getting excited about this upcoming trip. . . .

And thanks once again to McM and Dave because I've been in touch with Richard Foster and we'll be birding with him for a week ~ should be REALLY good :~)
Cheers, Paul

Thanks Andy;
That is a great looking trip report. My birding Buddy Gary and our wives are getting excited about this upcoming trip. . . .

And thanks once again to McM and Dave because I've been in touch with Richard Foster and we'll be birding with him for a week ~ should be REALLY good :~)
Cheers, Paul

I'm going to be in Taiwan for just under two-weeks in May, will try and get a trip report out as soon as I can on my return.
Cheers, Andy

Thanks Andy;

Cheers, Paul

Tell Mr F to send me my beer courtesy of the Swissotel, Kolkata ;D

Enjoy Taiwan - fab place
McM

Hi all -- I realize it's 2017 and these posts were from 2014 but we (husband and myself) have booked a birding trip with Richard Foster for this May, based on posts and recommendations on this site. We've sent a deposit but have not received confirmation or responses to additional inquiries from Richard. Is this usual or should we be worried? We would like to make other travel arrangements. Also, did Richard provide a checklist and itinerary? Sorry to ask these questions here, but since we haven't received replies from him, we thought we'd ask birders who've birded with him to share their experiences. Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back