• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

coolpix4500 bag? (1 Viewer)

peteh

Hello

not sure which forum to put this in.

Does anyone with a cp4500 know of a bag that can take the camera with a LCE adaptor attached to it?
Ive measured it all and every bag ive seen so far is either just a touch to small or well massive.

Thanks
Pete.

I dont know about the LCE adfaptor but a good bag for the camera alone is the Lowepro D-Res 25AW cos it has a waterproof pull out cover. There may be a larger size for the set up you want.

Try taking them to the shop and asking to try out bags, a bag for a 35mm SLR camera might work?

Must admit that I lke the Lowepro bags. A few sources on Eaby for them or good old Jessops do them too. I wish they'd put model numbers on the bags. I use the D-Res 25AW for the 4500 on it's own.It fits in snugly with sapre battery and a memory card. They do one at double the width, the D-Res 30 AW which I hope to look at in a couple of days, which may take the camera with adapter in place.

Pete
When i got my 4500I also got a Samsonite bag which takes the camera and a few other small pieces.But when i go digi scoping i use a bag i got from Millets £8 in the sale its brillant takes camera with adapter fitted Powerx battery pack,cable release.extra cards, spare battery and still leaves lots more space ive glued in a separator in main compartment.Forgot plus extenda view its a A.L.S case, its worth a look

Hi all,

I use the Samsonite trekking DF2 together with the trekking 145 for digiscoping.
The good thing about these combo is when not going digiscoping i can take off the DF2 on the side of the Trekking 145.
And use it seperately when needed.
Also the ease for other combinations is nice.

Andrew said:
Ian, I use the same bag and you should find the number on a dark grey flap at the back of it.

Unfortunately not on mine Andrew. It's got a Made in China label and various Lowepro labels but no model tag.

Brilliant thanks.
Today I was using a Co-op plastic bag :\ which didnt work too well :)
I have gotta get myself a bag.

I have a D-Res 30AW. It is not big enough to take my 995 with LCE adapter in place. Lowe-Pro do a D-Res Beltpack AW which from the specification should take a 4500/995 with all bits and pieces used for digiscoping. Their D-Res 40 AW might be big enough also.

Roy Ledgerton

IanF, not really something to worry about. It does what we want of it, doesn't it?

I don't bother with bags in the field, I carry mine to the venue in the Lowepro bag for protection more than anything. I carry my camera around in my Country Innovation waistcoat pocket.

I like the Lowepro as I carry the camera in it on the waist belt. At present I have to unscrew the adapter and remove the remote release, but hopefully the larger size will mean it can be left attached. I'll be looking into it this week if I can get to the shops.

Ian,
I use the Lowepro D-Res 50AW and I manage to leave on the Adapter and Eagle-eye 2X sunshade with room for cable release and spare batts. i.e that is the whole set up ready to go any help
regards Rayh

Hi Pete,

Although I no longer use an LCE adaptor, my 4500 with the body at right angles and with the LCE adaptor attached neatly fits in the bag I use. It is one of Jessops 'own' Monaco range was bought at the Douglas branch!! The manager there was very helpful. The bag is not supposed to be waterproof so I have proofed it using water repellant spray so it will take a light shower.

Richard

Just to update everyone, my Lowepro D-RES 30AW bag arrived today. It is a perfect fit for the Nikon 4500 with adapter and Jessops remote cable release and bracket* attached. It fits in either lengthways or sideways. There's room for a spare battery and two CF cards as well as the 2x magnifier. A very nice little package.

If you do an Ebay search for Lowepro, there's at least on firm doing them at discount prices.

* I should point out that I trimmed the base if the bracket and use a smaller knorled nut than supplied with it, so that I don't need to take it off when changing the battery.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back