• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Camera Adaptor (1 Viewer)

cjoakley

Hello All,

I saw the ad on the home page of BF for the new Swarovski camera adaptor.

Has anyone used this yet?

I'm a bird painter and would love the flexibility of taking quick snaps on the fly when I'm out and about with my bins?? But wondering how much detail such pics would provide.

Is this the only company that makes a bin camera adapter? If not which others would be worth looking at?

Thanks very much for your help.

The Swarovski adapter is a very simple but effective bit of gear. It slips over one of the eyepeices you then rest the cameras lens on it (it has an adjustable bit to allow varying sizes of lens to be used). It does not actually hold the camera but it does make sure it is acurately lined up. Given that you are holding both the bins and camera you do need reasonable light as you need fairly high shutter speeds. In good light you can get very good results with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back