• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Non-breeding Shorebird Mapping (1 Viewer)

SzimiStyle

The Shorebird Addict
Dear Friends,

A little bit more than a month ago we have introduced the Breeding Shorebird Mapping Project of WorldWaders. Since then many fellow birdwatchers and conservationists joined and submitted their records of nesting shorebirds. Now we are happy to announce the other module of the website, the Non-breeding Shorebird Mapping Project.

The target of the project is to collect data of numbers of migrating or wintering populations of shorebirds worldwide to be able to identify unidentified shorebird sites of regional and international importance.

Birders are around everywhere and counting birds is a popular part of everyday birdwatching. We encourage everyone to be a part of this project and help us to map shorebirds. We cannot rely on data exchange of other projects so we have to reach our target on our own. That's why we ask for your participation in this important project.

Please make your registration and submit your records to our database. We are looking forward to hear from you soon.

Best wishes, Szimi

We cannot rely on data exchange of other projects so we have to reach our target on our own.

Why is that? In many European countries shorebirds are monitored and huge databases are available (eg in Switzerland). I can't imagine them not to be willing to cooperate.

André

Why is that? In many European countries shorebirds are monitored and huge databases are available (eg in Switzerland). I can't imagine them not to be willing to cooperate.

André

Specifically I am to contact with Swiss database managers but cooperation was refused by other databases. I have no idea what is the reason behind but we try our best to have a nice network. Huge task and takes time but worth to force it. :) Every participant counts! :t:

Cheers, Szimi

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back