• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Northumbrian Birding (2 Viewers)

yeah am pretty skeptical about the prsecence of HB. There was one vid posted on his site that was inconclusive, dont have the url to hand, will have to dig it out.

of out to chk the sea...leachs reported at whitburn! coming north I hope )

Found myself a Little Gull on East Chev this afternoon, sadly the Spoonbills didn't return.

Cracking summer plumage Knot on Cresswell, as well as winter plumage Knot, Lapwings, Oystercatcher, Common Sandpiper, and summer plumage Dunlin.

About time that White-tailed Lapwing turned up in either Durham or Northumberland! The water levels and scrapes are looking fantastic for wader migration this year.

186! Water Rail! No chance of airing my optics for the next six days :eek!:
so you have a chance, Mr Bond!

If the Spoonbills had hung around, I would have gone for them this afternoon.

I imagine you have been quite busy for the last week or so.

Right ok you lot, i'm getting a bit tired of lying in bed reading all of your enthusiastic reports. How we've seen this, how we've seen that, how this that we've seen could well have been that etc etc.

Muggins here is recovering from surgery for a prolapsed disc, but me being the awkward sod that i am i couldn't make do with that, no i had to have tumours on my spinal cord as well (it's ok they've been removed & confirmed as being benign) so having already had a month lying around and still at least a further 2 weeks before any sniff of a return to work & god knows how long before i even attempt to pick up my camera gear, (haven't drove the scoob since coming back from Mull in mid may,never had a tank of petrol last this long:-O), i merely ask the following:

after submitting your reports could you at least end it with something like - good days birding but the weather could've been better, or, shame the car ran out of petrol on the way home, you know, that kind of thing, just to help make me feel a bit better.
Acknowledgement shall be made of the best report submitted of this type.

Regards
Rick

p.s my situation isn't fun at the moment but i'm bored & thought i'd post something a bit light hearted but i do realise that there are a lot of people out there whose situation, unfortunately, will not get better, and i hope i don't offend them, apologies if i do/have.

Regards
Rick

Right ok you lot, i'm getting a bit tired of lying in bed reading all of your enthusiastic reports. How we've seen this, how we've seen that, how this that we've seen could well have been that etc etc.

Muggins here is recovering from surgery for a prolapsed disc, but me being the awkward sod that i am i couldn't make do with that, no i had to have tumours on my spinal cord as well (it's ok they've been removed & confirmed as being benign) so having already had a month lying around and still at least a further 2 weeks before any sniff of a return to work & god knows how long before i even attempt to pick up my camera gear, (haven't drove the scoob since coming back from Mull in mid may,never had a tank of petrol last this long:-O), i merely ask the following:

after submitting your reports could you at least end it with something like - good days birding but the weather could've been better, or, shame the car ran out of petrol on the way home, you know, that kind of thing, just to help make me feel a bit better.

Regards
Rick

p.s my situation isn't fun at the moment but i'm bored & thought i'd post something a bit light hearted but i do realise that there are a lot of people out there whose situation, unfortunately, will not get better, and i hope i don't offend them, apologies if i do/have.

Regards
Rick

Your not missing much.:t:

Until that White-tailed Lapwing turns up at Cresswell.;)

Last edited:
Very nice image indeed, thankyou very much. I knew that 3 of them together would've looked the biz. Drat & double drat (or tripple drat for that matter...lol)

Regards
Rick

Regards
Rick

Ok! I had a great day out yesterday, but when I got home unfortunately my wife was still there!

LOL!!!!
I hope your better half doesn't read this forum or you may well find yourself having your "wings" clippedo:)

Nice report tho!
Keep them coming Ta

Bloody hell Rick!! you don't do things by halves. Glad you are on the mend now.

I had to resort to heading South on Friday, first to Crimdon Dean where I dipped on the Dottrel. I then headed to Saltholme, where I saw Temminck's Stint and had the bonus of Water Rail. On the way home I called in at Castle lake and dipped on the Hobby that had been showing every afternoon, up until Friday.
Then I realised why I don't go South birding that often. The bloody traffic on the A1 was horrendous.

And then when I get home I see the report of the Spoonbills at East Chev.

Get well soon mate!!!!

Last edited:
Shame about the hobby Gary, certainly a bird that i've only seen a few times and would love to see more of. And i know what you mean about the A1, friday afternoon as well!!! Thats why when i go to Blacktoft i always leave as late as poss. just to let all the traffic die down.

Cheers for the well wishes, i have lost feeling in certain parts due to them having to cut some of the nerves in order to get the tumours out, apparently the feeling may or may not return to those parts but in the bigger scheme of things it could've been a lot, lot worse. I'll soon be out and about again hiding in the long grass waiting for "that" shot...LOL

A juvenile little ringed plover was at Cresswell today sporting some jewellery. In addition to an aluminium ring on its right leg it had a yellow darvic ring with the figure 5 in black above the joint on the same leg.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back