• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Monk Parakeets UK (1 Viewer)

alex berryman

Hi,

I've heard that there are Monk Parakeets in the London and Hertfordshire area's of Britain and I'd love to go and see them but I simply do not know where. I'm aware that many wish to keep there location secret for obvious reasons but if you could drop me a PM that would be great as they are a bird I'd like to see before DEFRA come along and exterminate them!! I know theres already a thread dealing with this subject but its quite out of date and the birds may no longer be present in those areas.

Regards

Alex

Hi,

I've heard that there are Monk Parakeets in the London and Hertfordshire area's of Britain and I'd love to go and see them but I simply do not know where. I'm aware that many wish to keep there location secret for obvious reasons but if you could drop me a PM that would be great as they are a bird I'd like to see before DEFRA come along and exterminate them!! I know theres already a thread dealing with this subject but its quite out of date and the birds may no longer be present in those areas.

Regards

Alex

Nice try, DEFRA contractor :-O

My understanding is that there's a population in Borehamwood somewhere and I believe Mudchute Park on the Isle of Dogs. Don't know about where else they might be, or indeed if those populations are still there!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back