• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My turn to say hello.... (1 Viewer)

Hi all.... I discovered your site while researching digiscoping. I'm currently using a Nikon Coolpix 5000 with a 3x teleconverter lens. I'm researching digiscopes right now and hope I might learn some tips and helpful information about purchasing a digiscope.

I look forward to learning from this talented group of people!

Happy Birding!!!

Lisa:girl:

As I have said to Eileen, I posted a welcome to you in Duncan's post but here goes . . . :hi: Welcome to the hottest and Zingiest forum in the universe and hope you enjoy your self here enough to become a regular user. We all help and encourage each other out and discuss various matters intensively (ask Steve!) as well.

Thanks Steve and Andrew. I'm looking forward to it!

Woo hooo - just posted my first picture to the North America gallery - a female red winged blackbird.

Just curious - when uploading photos, is there a limit to the size?

Lisa 8-P

Hi Lisa! Thanks again for steering me toward this site. Great place. I just took a look at your lovely female red-winged blackbird. Looks just as good here as the other place. ;)

On behalf of all the moderators and admin at BF, welcome Lisa and I shall head over to take a look at your blackbird when I finish this. I don't think you will be disappointed in the slightest with the BF. It's a great place.

On top of the gallery there is a link for gallery guidelines and that should pretty much tell you anything you need to know. Enjoy and let us know what birds you are seeing.

I think there might be a limit but it would be best to put a small picture, say thirty to fifty kilobytes and then more people can easily download it thus more people will see your pictures. If a picture takes too long to download some don't bother waiting and return to another page. That's what I do so it gets viewed more often and does not eat away at my total allowance. :t:

Last edited:
Hi lisa, welcome to BF, I've heard BC is a fantastic place for both birdlife and wildlife. I'm just about to take a look at your Red winged blackbird. bye for now.

Hi Lisa:
Welcome to B.F. and greetings from an other Canadian newcommer to birding and digiscoping.
Regarding your question what scope to use, visit my webpage and browse under digiscoping and see what you can get out of what I have learned in one year.
An other good URL is from a friend in Edmonton, he is a great photographer using also like me and you the CP5000 :) and he has lots of instruction to follow on his site and moderates on Yahoo.....
see him at www.larrybolch.com
my url = www.walther-loff.com
enjoy :)
regards
Walther

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back