• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Duck massacre in Victoria, Australia (1 Viewer)

That's atrocious, and the comments from the pro-hunter sound exactly like the crap from the NRA. I came across the same mindset in Nth. Queensland and, to be honest, buggers like that are truly scary. it seems that, until another election, Victorians are stuck with a minister who's bothered more about legal protest than protecting Australia's unique wildlife.

Chris

BTW I hope the final comment shown was written in crayon because whoever wrote it shouldn't be allowed near sharp objects.

c

Oooooooh aren't these shooters REALLY macho and hard *f~~~~~~s* :storm:

I try to understand HOW anyone can get any enjoyment from killing things :smoke:

That's atrocious, and the comments from the pro-hunter sound exactly like the crap from the NRA. I came across the same mindset in Nth. Queensland and, to be honest, buggers like that are truly scary. it seems that, until another election, Victorians are stuck with a minister who's bothered more about legal protest than protecting Australia's unique wildlife.

Chris

BTW I hope the final comment shown was written in crayon because whoever wrote it shouldn't be allowed near sharp objects.

c

I wouldn't hold my breath...

An article like that would not have surprised me had it happened here in Cambodia. But in Oz??? Victoria is off my list of places to visit.

That, in my mind, is not what hunting is about. If you're going to shoot something you eat it! To do it for 'fun' is more than disgraceful.

15,000 hunters out on the first weekend - each with a bag limit of 10 per day - unbelievable. Add the 6-8 per hunter left on the marsh makes an extraaordinary number.

Look at the figures 70% don't want duck shooting banned - therein lies another problem.

That, in my mind, is not what hunting is about. If you're going to shoot something you eat it! To do it for 'fun' is more than disgraceful.
It's not hunting, it's random terror. Or criminal waste of resources, or murder, whichever you prefer. Should earn the lot a life sentence IMO.
And a statewide, unannounced crackdown on illegal guns shuld be in order now. Could be beneficial for other purposes, too.

15,000 hunters out on the first weekend - each with a bag limit of 10 per day - unbelievable. Add the 6-8 per hunter left on the marsh makes an extraaordinary number.
15k shooters in one weeekend is an incredible number for a province with 5 million inhabitants. They can't all be hunters. Maybe there were people from other parts of Australia and from foreign countries in addition to the local wackos?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back