• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa Warranty (1 Viewer)

andyF

Just bought a new TSN 883 and there doesn't seem to be any warranty papers with the item. I'm not sure if there should be any. I checked on their European website and it says the item has a 10 year warranty but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to register the product. I do have a receipt for the item so do you just contact them through their website if there is an issue and use the receipt as proof of purchase and date for any warranty issues? Just to add, I do not currently have an issue but would like to know for future reference.

This is an interesting question in USA. Limited lifetime warranty for original purchaser. Sales receipt has always been enough in practice BUT website says register product within 30 days of purchase and there is a warranty registration page in the "Contact Us" section. So, maybe fill that out just to be safe if enforcement tightens in the future.

Best,
Jerry

PS Enjoy your 883!!

This is my personal experience.

Recently i bought a Kowa spotting scope 88x through a local dealer and I am very regret & disappointed. When i received the scope, i did a flashlight test and i found out that there was a very small white speck behind the front objective len internally. I highlighted the problem to the local dealer and Kowa Japan said they would replace a brand new unit for me. After one month, I received the brand new unit via local dealer. However, to my disappointment, i still notice the speck, at the same location even though local dealer said otherwise. I've waste one month and import custom tax and still got the same result. I was really piss off after this incident :C. I am not going to send back my scope again because i am totally lack of confidence at local dealer and kowa Japan. I guess i've to live with the small white speck.

I was really regret that i didn't top up extra $ to buy swarovski spotting scope. Swarovski after sale service is excellent. I just had my 11 year old Swarovski pocket binocular repaired free of charge after infected heavily with fungus and internal fogging. Swarovski also gave me a free case to store my binocular. The repair duration is one month including shipment & handling.:t:

Updated:

I've just discovered that my TE-11WZ eyepiece also had a very tiny black spot in the middle when the zoom was within 30x to 40x. I thought this issue had been fixed since last year based on the information i gathered from this forum. I definitely wouldn't buy kowa scope if i knew the issue remained unsolved.

After this incident, I definitely would not consider another Kowa product again in the future. Kowa Japan QC standard really suck considered the amount of money i spent on their scope, eyepiece & extender. They had the chance to fix the speck issue behind the objective len but they didin't treat the issue seriously.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back