• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Passport Warranty - what are the rules? (1 Viewer)

orapple

United States
It seems that Leica says we don't need to register our binoculars to get the 10 yr Passport Warranty. Is that correct? I found this on Leicacamerausa:

All Leica Sport Optic products shipped from Leica Camera Inc. to an authorized USA or Canadian dealer since Jan 1, 2021 will now feature a fully transferable 10-year Passport Protection Plan plus a 30-year Manufacturer’s Warranty. Both aspects of our commitment to you compromise the following:

• Fully Transferable
  • No Warranty Card Required
  • No Receipt Required
  • No Charge Valid only on products purchased from authorized Leica dealers in USA or Canada*
That seems to say my recent Noctovid purchase automatically has the 10 year Passsport (no registration required).
But - I also have another pair I purchased in 2020. Does anyone know what the warranty is on these? The same?

Their products are good but the CS is challenging. I gave up after 40 minutes on hold, and their chat bot didn't work.

Maybe someone knows the warranty situation?

Last edited:
Lifetime, non-transferable warranty. Make sure you register them in your name or maintain your proof of purchase. What needs serviced on the 2020 pair?

I had difficulties with Leica service three years ago right before they announced this new best in class warranty (aside from the Vortex-type warranties). Their repairs were excellent but the customer service left much to be desired. Reportedly it is supposed to be much better but maybe not from what you experienced..

Last edited:
We’ve heard recent reports of Leica replacing or repairing older binoculars not owned by the original owner. Maybe Leica finally realized their customer service reputation sucked?

I bought mine in February of this year and called them to confirm if my binoculars had a warranty. I called their numbers and did not need to wait for a long time. The customer service representative was very helpful; she assisted me in checking my binoculars' serial number, recommended that I register them online, and told me to enjoy using them :) I did so right away, but their website was terrible, I had to try registering my binoculars several times. I would suggest that you call them again and ask them to check your binoculars as well, so they can inform you about your warranty. I'm not sure if it is necessary to register online, but it won't take you a long time. Additionally, you can always log in to your account if you need to change or review your registration in the future. I have attached a picture of their phone number that I used when registering my binoculars. I hope it helps!

Attachments

• Contact-Leica-Camera-US.jpg
    Contact-Leica-Camera-US.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back