• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kestrel's Eye - A unique bird film. (1 Viewer)

rozinante

Anarchism is order
I have done a search for this title but have been surprised to find no reference to Kestrel's Eye (Falkens öga) even though it’s been out a few years.

I found this film absolutly spellbinding. I think anyone with a love of and interest in wild birds will too. While not setting out to specifically inform the viewer about the birds directly, the gentle paced intimate portrait allows you to absorb the detail in a deeper way than many more technical documentaries.

The best dialog in a film since Koyanisquatsi and a narration to surpass even David Attenborough. (there is in fact no dialog or narration at all!)

I have only been able to find a region 1 version and have been having some problems running it region free on my pc. Others have no problem though.

“This up-close-and-personal examination of the lives of this kestrel family would be fascinating enough, but Kristersson also turns his cameras out, away from the church, for the kestrels' take on the people around them that becomes almost a bird's documentary about the mysterious behavior of humans.”
http://tinyurl.com/2a34qr

I am sure anyone seeing it will not be disappointed. I just wish that there was a whole series on other species to follow.

Link to amazon though it is only available from USA:-

http://tinyurl.com/2yhfvm

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back