• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What can I improve on this image (1 Viewer)

Nikon Kid

Love them Sula Bassana
Here is a Canada Goose taken with 70-300mm f4-5.6 450d full frame
and processed DPP and PE what can I improve on

I need comments to make more progress

Attachments

• canadagoosebf.jpg
    canadagoosebf.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 203
I agree with Tim, Cloning out the couple of other bird part's is the most obvious thing to do.

Sorry I did not see your attachment, now I see what you mean it does clean the image up.

I was not going that far yet with cloning, i was more interested in the actual image of the bird.

I don't really see much room for improvement in the bird itself. There's a little haloing around the outline, under the tail and chin, from sharpening, but apart from that it looks fine and dandy. I did give a small boost to Vibrance in Lightroom for my version, but really it is the cloning out of the distracting elements that makes the biggest difference.

Sorry about the fright I gave you when you first read my post :)

Technically little room for improvement however it's not exactly the most interesting or challenging of subjects. Whilst I appreciate this is largely a matter of taste personally I'd be tempted to try and get a shot of the goose in flight eg. the moment it touches down and water- ski's along the water.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back