• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Seattle (1 Viewer)

PNW Jack

United States
Hi,
I've been checking out Bird Forum on the internet for quite some time now and have finally joined up. There are several avenues in Bird Forum I'd like to explore and perhaps comment in.
I am an amateur photographer and specifically enjoy taking photographs of birds in unique breeding displays and of birds in flight. My equipment is a somewhat old but still functions fairly well for what I need, It would be interesting to get others input from other photographers on techniques and lenses they use to obtain better results. I'm also considering to finally go mirrorless but want to so without thoroughly draining my bank account. It would be great to hear how various cameras perform.
I often travel locally specifically to go birding and photograph. I also travel overseas quite frequently oftentimes for other reasons than birding but usually add that in as a secondary element of the trip. In planning future trips I plan on doing more research and inquire here to make birding a higher priority. I've been fortunate to see some very unique birds without the intention of doing so and it would be great to gain knowledge here to improve my chances of seeing other species.
I'm also interested in optics and over the years have picked up several spotting scopes and quite a few binoculars, usually second hand. It's fascinating to see the discussions here on comparisons between the sizes and brands. I've purchased several binoculars on reviews and recommendations given here. Perhaps I'll even join in on the fray.
I'm glad to have finally become a member and looking forward to get involved in the various platforms and discussions.

Jack

Hi Jack and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. I've moved your post to the Cameras and Photography forum, as I feel they are better placed to be able to answer your questions.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi, welcome to The forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back