• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Rehabilitation (1 Viewer)

JonC

Hi,

Does anyone know of anywhere that will take in rescued baby birds in Berkshire UK ?

My damn cats are occasionally bringing in newly hatched baby birds and fledglings in various states of health. It's very upsetting for us and I'd like to be able to offer the little things a chance of survival if possible.

I know it's a long shot, but I thought I'd ask on here if anyone knew anywhere local to me that will take them in.

Thanks in advance

Jon

PS I've no idea where the nests are so I can't attempt to pop them back otherwise this would be my first thought.

I expect it is fairly upsetting to the birds too.

Have you asked your local vets if there is anywhere in your area?

If the birds are unharmed, then return them outside and lock your cats in for a while as the parents may be in the vicinity.

Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for. I'll drop them an email and ask their advice.

Anything is better than seeing the little things perish especially if there is something that can be done.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back