• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

progress of a newbie (1 Viewer)

MJS WARLORD

Hello to all i am in the united kingdom. Some of you may have seen photos posted by me in the past taken from a bushnell wildlife camera trap.

Just over a year ago i lost the best friend and workmate i could ever wish for , she was only 55 years old.

Since then i have said stuff the cost of everything , whatever i want , if i can afford it i am having it , you dont know when your time is up !

To that end i just purchased my first ever proper camera outfit , all canon gear.
A 90d body , 50mm f1.8 stm , 50mm f1.4 usm , 100-400 mm zoom its the mark 2 with rotating not push pull zoom. With a few extas the cost was just touching £4,000. The f1.4 was purchased a few days after initial purchasing , i now know i should have got this first. The zoom is brilliant for in flight 10 frames per sec and will also be used for dolphins in scotland.

The camera is making me learn manual because in auto you cant do monochrome and 16.9 format. I guess its a good thing that auto stops you doing some things , it makes you figure it out for yourself.

I have put a few photos on @birdform on twitter as i cant yet grasp photo memory size reduced to be able to post here.

Hi MJS and welcome back but I'm so sorry to hear of your bereavement.

I see that you have posted pictures in the Gallery, so I'm puzzled as to what it is you find difficult about re-sizing your pictures. If you let us know what photo-editing software you have, we can possibly talk you through it.

I'll look forward to seeing some more of your pictures with your new set-up.

Hello MJS and welcome to the forum and looking froward to seeing some shots from your new camera set up, enjoy and all the best.

Welcome back. I am sorry to hear of your loss.

I've seen the photos which I think are on your Twitter page where you have tagged our page. I particularly like the swans.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back