• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski Adaptor (1 Viewer)

Felipe

Has anyone had experience with the Swarovski DCA Digiscoping Adaptor for Coolpix that is used with their ATS 65 and 80 scopes?

Thank you,

Felipe

Felipe, I'll let you know early next week. I've got one on order at the moment (Swarovski are currently out of stock). All I can tell you at the moment is that I bought an LCE adaptor for Coolpix/ATS combination and don't like it at all.

CJW, Why do you not like it? I am using this combo and have not had any problems really as far as I can see. I would like to know what it is as I may be overlooking something. Is it the inability to adjust the zoom without turning the camera too. I can see the Swaro adaptor solving that problem. The Swaro one looks pretty nifty!

I had a play with the Swaro' adapter a couple if weeks ago (see post and pics elsewhere). It looks good but and is reasonably rapid in attaching camera to e.p. No provision for zoom operation to my eyes, though a hacksaw may help.
I haven't used a typical L.C.E. adapter on an ATS eyepiece, so I can't really comment. Maybe more wobble due to the new eyecup style, so the eyepiece barrel isn't totally parallel?
Andy

There is about two or three millimetres gap between the walls of the LCE adapter and the Eyepiece on the ATS but the photo still fills up the camera LCD screen as if it was central so no real loss there.

Felipe,

Im using the Spidertec adapter, which looks to be a similar design to the Swaro one (and a similar price). It's dead easy to use and does have cutaways so the zoom can be used with the adaptor in place.

Paul

Felipe, just received my Swaro' DCA adaptor in the post and it's a beautiful piece of kit. The lense of the Coolpix is as close to the scope's eyepiece as humanly possible without there being any danger of contact between the two. There's also a subsequent reduction in vignetting.

Hey Swaro Guys. Does the new adaptor turn the camera when you turn the zoom or is there an independent camera screw attachment that allows the camera to stay horizontal when you zoom the eyepiece?

Andrew, you can't zoom with the adaptor attached. it has to be removed for zooming or perhaps as Andy suggests you could create a 'window' by attacking it with a hacksaw.

Why are there screws at the base and in the centre of the Swaro adaptor? This made me think there was two parts to it allowing the adaptor to rotate while the bottom screw held the adaptor to the eyepiece.

As you suggested Andrew, the bottom screw fixes the adaptor to the eyepiece and the top screw allows the 'main barrell' to rotate completely. Not sure what the advantage of this yet, but I suppose you can remove the camera and leave the adaptor in place.
It also comes with extra rings to allow the thread to be changed and a video camera to be attached. Pretty neat idea.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back