• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warehouse express, good or bad? (1 Viewer)

Mooro

Has anyone out there bought any goods from Warehouse express? If so what do you reckon of their goods and service? In short, thumbs up or thumbs down?

Mooro said:
Has anyone out there bought any goods from Warehouse express? If so what do you reckon of their goods and service? In short, thumbs up or thumbs down?
No problems - good price, quick delivery. That said, if you have an optics' dealer within travelling distance, it just must be better to be able to get advice and try things out. On balance, I'd always go for the dealer rather than online - it really depends how much you save online as to whether it's worth what must be some kind of risk.

Pretty good I ordered about 3.5k worth in summer of 2004 and received within a couple of days of order they even discounted by about 4-5% when I asked over the phone.

Fantastic service I have ordered from them twice - both times goods arrived next day. Well packaged, Their returns policy seems very good - although thankfully not needed to use it so far.

But the best thing is the price.

They even very kindly send me a brochure each month of all their gear - which means that I will probably ordering something else very soon!

Mooro said:

I bought my Velbon carbon fibre tripod and Manfrotto head from them. Service was rapid and price was very competitive.

stevo said:
I`ve ordered loads of stuff from them with no problems.

Steve.

I bought my Nikon ED78 scope from them and got next day delivery, I also bought my Nikon 8x32 binoculars from them, on this occasion I had telephoned them to order the glasses and they had sold out, but they rang me back the following day ( on my mobile whilst I was on holiday ) to say that they had a fresh stock. They then delayed the delivery until the day after I returned home. Fantastic company to deal with.

Warehouse Express

Great brought two pair of Nikon Sporters from them,next day delivery if its a weekday,well packed ace prices.

Echo everything that has already been said, Ordered leica apo scope and lenses plus tripod, all arrived promptly and all at a great price. Five stars.

Mark

Superb service, Dad and I have used them several times. Prices are very keen, and people on the end of the phone extremely friendly and helpful.

I'd suggest that if you know exactly what you want (i.e. don't need field testing conditions), you'll struggle to beat them!

Mooro said:
Have you had a problem ? They are tops for me.

I bought a pair of Nikons a while back and the service was faultless.

Never forget though to check out the local shops. My local Jessops can actually beat W Express on a Canon 350D deal.

John.

john barclay said:
I bought a pair of Nikons a while back and the service was faultless.

Never forget though to check out the local shops. My local Jessops can actually beat W Express on a Canon 350D deal.

John.
Indeed - a local dealer is best really. Let's face it all this talk of "excellent service" is a bit - well - silly? What I suspect is being suggested is that the goods arrived quickly and undamaged.

When I phoned to speak to them they knew nothing at all about the Nikon ED50 I asked about. When I asked about a tripod, the same thing. Truth is you are not talking to an expert. Friendly, yes - knowledgeable, no.

Ask at my local shop and you will hear from someone who knows what they are talking about and who is interested in helping you.

When things go wrong by mail order, that's when you appreciate most how much more control you have with a local dealer.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back