• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Degrees on the focus knob (1 Viewer)

SeldomPerched

Tiny question. Just noticed on the focus knob where 10 x 50 is inscribed on my new EL SV it does not state the number of degrees.

In a lot of the pictures on this site and no doubt elsewhere many of the Swarovskis have the degrees. Is this something they took off when the FP versions came out or is it more random? I thought having the degrees was a neat idea (given that it takes up a lot less space than writing feet per thousand yards and/or metres per thousand metres!)

Tom

Last edited:
I think that the OP refers to the degree number, giving the field of view in degree values, e.g. 7.6° for the EL 8.5x42.
On earlier versions but without the Field Pro Package this was imprinted on the focusing knob.
Thanks
Michael

I think that the OP refers to the degree number, giving the field of view in degree values, e.g. 7.6° for the EL 8.5x42.
On earlier versions but without the Field Pro Package this was imprinted on the focusing knob.
Thanks
Michael

Thank you and that fits, Michael. The 10x50 SV I am referring to is a Field Pro model and I expect the degree markings are something I have seen in posted photos on here of earlier 'normal' strap and strap lug models.

Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back