• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Summer plumaged Black Throated Diver... (1 Viewer)

buzzard12

One of my favourite birds, just love them! Got a camera a few months back and have been itching to get one of these beauties in the cameras monitor, finally got a confiding adult to perform!
They really are great birds.

Attachments

• aaaaBlack-throat.jpg
    aaaaBlack-throat.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 120
  • aaablackthroat.jpg
    aaablackthroat.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 99
  • aaBlack throat.jpg
    aaBlack throat.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 109
  • aBlack Throated Diver.jpg
    aBlack Throated Diver.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 114
  • Black Throated Diver..jpg
    Black Throated Diver..jpg
    48 KB · Views: 105
buzzard12 said:
One of my favourite birds, just love them! Got a camera a few months back and have been itching to get one of these beauties in the cameras monitor, finally got a confiding adult to perform!
They really are great birds.[/
QUOTE]

I hope you weren't photographing these birds on a loch in the Highlands of Scotland. This bird is in full breeding plumage, at this time of year they usually have eggs or just hatched young, for a bird to stay close enough for you to take photographs without it flying off usually means it is worried because you are near the nest. These birds are very scarce and are fully protected by law, you require a Schedule One Photographic licence to go near the nest to take photographs. There is a full breeding survey being carried out this year, this will (hopefully) determine the number of breeding pairs of Black-throated Divers in the UK.

nirofo.

Hi buzzard12

Just noticed you are from Sweden, if the photos are from there then please ignore my previous post.

nirofo

nirofo said:
Hi buzzard12

Just noticed you are from Sweden, if the photos are from there then please ignore my previous post.

nirofo
I am in Sweden, the bird was at a site called Sandemarr, in open water, they dont breed there. They are exteremely sensitive at breeding sites, wouldnt take liberties with a nest site...

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back