• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi from the Midlands (1 Viewer)

Southam69

Thank you for letting me join you. I am in the Midlands living in a village and enjoy watching the birds. I came across your site because until recently had a blue tit nest and having had an upsetting day yesterday finding the nest had been abandoned wanted to find out why. Apparently it happens more often than I thought. I have a lovely variety of birds so will continue on this interesting site, thank you.

Hi and welcome to birdforum from all the staff here, we hope you enjoy the site. Feel free to join in where ever you fancy.
Fortunately there are far more ups than downs in watching birds, the painful moments are rather few.
cheers,
Andy

Hi Southam and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

Nests can be abandoned for any number of reasons, some we know, others we can only guess at. These may include disturbance (human or predator), loss of a partner (cat, natural predator, traffic victim); bad weather leading to lack of suitable food to feed the nestlings etc. Maybe one of these may ring a bell with you? Though there could be other reasons unknown to anyone.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

I gave you your own thread and subscribed you to it so you should find your way here easily.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back