• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch Garten Ospreys 2011 (1 Viewer)

Had a look last night and only EJ was there, with a "where are you look" just turned it back on and wonderful to see the pair of them.

Just had a sightly funny time with the webcam, had both EJ and Marge from Loch Garten on, they are both calling for their other halves. At first it sounded like they were having a chat to each other then they started calling in unison....Odin was he first to respond but it was a fleeting visit..Frank is still been shouted for at LOTL. I can see the pair of them being on extra fish catching duties today to make up for the lack of response.

some good news. Yellow/black 28 from 2004 has taken up residence on my friends property. He's mentioned in Roy Dennis's book. The runt of the chicks has turned into a very large handsome male. His partner is xl. Ej and Henry did good :)

Hi,
I'm going up to loch garten over easter and was wondering if anyone knows of a good spot to photograph the ospreys fishing except the fish farm which is out of my price range.
Or if someone has a contact up there who can help.

When you see EJs nest in comparison to Marges at Loch of the Lowes, there does not seem to be many sticks around the edge.....I know Frank from LOTL does have a habit of collecting them...perhaps he should meet Odin half way and give him some of the excess ones :)

Great news, the couple of times I pt it on yesterday she seemed as if she was a bit restless and didnt want to stay by herself, even her call was different.

Hi Everyone,

EJ has been a bit restless on the nest and when she half stood up at 19.52 we saw she has laid her second egg. Congratulations EJ and Odin.

The happy father has not returned to the nest yet can't wait to see his face.

I only came in for my tea and got an early Easter Egg.

Ann
The Osprey Godmother :clap::bounce::flowers:
Can't find a Congratulations Smilie.

Well done EJ.

I find it quite relaxing listening to the bird calls [mainly Chaffinch] on the LG webcam...hope EJ likes it to.

I was last at Loch Garten to view the Ospreys just under 40 years ago back in the early 1970's and i bet the facilities for viewing the Ospreys since then have improved, although they did have quite a big observation centre then, but of course their was no webcam. I've really enjoyed viewing the Ospreys via that way over the last few days and of course thats encouraged me rejoin the RSPB this morning by phone as a Life Fellow, after an absence of a number of years.
Ian.

After a lot of checking the eggs and listening EJ's first chick hatched at 22.13.

Here is the clip on UTube courtesy of Alison, who was recording and hoping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8KheebTgPA

Congratulations EJ she is now sitting tight, checking and keeping that chick warm sounds windy up there. Odin delivered a fish which she declined to accept earlier and he flew off with it.

Ann
Osprey Godmother :flowers::-O:clap::bounce::D:egghead:

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back