• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sparrow hawk (1 Viewer)

Teenah

hello recently my dad found a baby sparrow hawk and i started feeding him once every 3-4 hours some chicken meat,he eats the meat with no problem, but i was wonderning what else should i give him? and he doesn't drink water (i read on a site that they dont need water because they get the water from the meat?!? but im not sure if thats enough water)

Hi Teenah and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

Is it not possible to get him back to the nest, or somewhere near the nest site where the adults might feed and care for him? If that's not possible can you find a wildlife rehabilitation unit in your area. Baby birds are extremely difficult to raise without experience.

We have some general guidelines here for the care of injured and baby birds.

Please let us know how you get on.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back