• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which product should I buy (1 Viewer)

Cudyll Bach

Spain
Over the last year or so I have bought nearly all of my wild bird seed mix from a shop called The Range. When I watch the birds that regularly visit most sps seem to land at the feeders and they then proceed to discrad most of the seeds and just eat certain types.

Is this due to the fact that the seed I buy has a lot of stuff/seeds in it the birds don't actually eat or is it that they are just being fussy. This activity inevitably leads to me going out and pulling all sorts of weeds up that I don't recognise.

Should I change my brand of seed? Any advice would be most welcome.

although ive never bought bird food from there, i would imagine it is quite cheap as the range is generally cheap ( not in a bad way ). the best thing to do is try another brand and see if there is any difference. when looking for a good bird food watch out for too much wheat -
because this is cheap and not many birds like it. also look out for split peas, sweetcorn and even dog biscuits (yes, dog biscuits!), because these will be no use to the birds. look out for a mix rich in sunflower seeds and hearts, because these attract a lot of species and are extremely high in energy ( about 500 calories/100g for sunflower seeds 600 calories/100g for hearts )
remember you get what you pay for. if they do like your new bird food, but you find it too expensive, buy it in bulk to save $$$. try cj wildlife's table food for tables and ground, and feeder seed or hi-energy seed for feeders
http://www.birdfood.co.uk
:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back