• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Robin nest in direct sun (1 Viewer)

KareyBud

Hi! I have a robin that decided to build a nest in the window of our master bathroom. That window receives direct sun from about 11:30 - 4:30 every day. Momma robin holds her beak open panting. Will she and the babies be ok there? She just started sitting in the nest yesterday.

Hi KareyBud and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

Generally I'd say that "birds know best", but I'm wondering if this might be a young one starting a new family.

Even so I'd leave it and see what happens. As the weather warms up she may well realise her error. If she has chosen the wrong spot, she'll not make the same mistake again.

I don't know what else to say really, maybe someone from your area will have some more advice for you.

I Hope you enjoy your time here with us.

Hi ya Karey and welcome aboard.

Try to make sure that there is plenty of water around for her and hopefully things will work out.

Please keep us posted ;)

Thank you both for your quick replies! I made sure to clean my birdbath real good with fresh water. I just feel so bad for her! We are having temps in the upper 80’s for 3 days then it is supposed to cool down for a few days. I will keep you posted!

Hi and welcome to the forum. Hope things work for the new mom.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back