• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Baby robin (1 Viewer)

It's still March and yet on my regular dog-walk this morning I encountered a young robin, obviously newly fledged, hopping around under some trees. One adult bird was nearby.
I know some birds start nesting quite early but I've never seen young birds in March before!

Nick

ah, that's great! the parent robins must have paired and started nesting pretty early! making the nest takes a while, then laying the eggs, and the incubation period is about 2 weeks, so to see one out of the nest now is quite unusual I think.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back