• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Olive-brown Phylloscopus sp Khao Yai, Thailand (1 Viewer)

SJC

Not the best photos unfortunately but I was wondering if anyone could help identify this Phylloscopus Warbler from Khao Yai, Thailand. Given the colouration and broad supercilium I think it might be a Radde's.

Attachments

• DU4A7190.jpg
    DU4A7190.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 72
  • DU4A7191.jpg
    DU4A7191.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 70
  • DU4A7192.jpg
    DU4A7192.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 118
Mark is correct, this goes down as a default Pale-legged. No evidence as yet that Sakhalin occurs in Thailand, but then again absence of evidence is not necessarily evidence of absence!

Thanks guys!

I thought the bird showed a chunky bill in the field, the supercilium looked broad and that pale-legged showed a wingbar but I have no previous experience with either species. Here are a couple of better photos of a bird I had down as a Pale-legged this time from Kaeng Krachan. Am I wrong again?

Attachments

• DU4A2534.jpg
    DU4A2534.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 62
  • DU4A2537.jpg
    DU4A2537.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 64
Also Pale-legged Leaf, which can be variable at this time of year, age/wear related. Some show very little pale tips to the coverts due to wear, the first bird shows a hint of the tips on the outer coverts. The bill is not stout enough for the rather bull-necked Radde's, overall colour tones, leg colour etc wrong.

Nice birds!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back