• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

new world warbler (1 Viewer)

Isurus said:
I've been calling these yellow warblers but since this is the first time I've got any kinf of picture of one and there are loads of these new world warblers that look similar I thought I'd share and ask if I'm right?
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/180/424568039_956b0f587e_o.jpg

Mmm..bit blurred but looks to have too much green on back for Yellow Warbler. I'm no expert on these though. Ones Ive seen appeared more yellow. Ive only seen winter birds in Mexico........on second thoughts and having looked at a video grab i have (see attached) it does lok quite green on uppers.

Attachments

• cornwall birding 246.jpg
    cornwall birding 246.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 102
Hotspur said:
I thought Golden Warblers were endemic as a ssp to Barbados- is it likely they would be found that far north?

My book (Rafaelle et al) suggests we have an endemic race of our own which he calls "Anegada and most Lesser Antilles race". Unfortunately he only illustrates males of the various races. tbh these little chaps really confuse me and unfortunately I don't get much practice.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back