• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Peek a Boo (1 Viewer)

maitreya

Today, June 1, 2004, I photographed this bird at Fields, Oregon. I think there may be just enough information in this image to ID the bird. So, what species is this bird?

Attachments

• Mystery.jpg
    Mystery.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 167
Michael Frankis said:
How common are they in Oregon? - A major crowd-pulling rarity, or just a scarce visitor?

Michael

Approximately 25 records for the state and still on the review list. Yet another report to write for the Oregon Bird Records Committee.

EXcellent find! (in UK terms, similar to finding e.g. a spring male Collared Flycatcher)

Did it pull a large crowd, or had it moved on before they could come to see?

Michael

Michael Frankis said:
EXcellent find! (in UK terms, similar to finding e.g. a spring male Collared Flycatcher)

Did it pull a large crowd, or had it moved on before they could come to see?

Michael

The crowd such as it was, included myself and 4 others. It was a one day bird on a weekday. Fields is a very isolated tiny community (12 residents). The nearest small town is Burns, (~4,000 people) 112 miles away. From Burns its 130 miles to Bend (50,000), the nearest city with a large number of birders.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back