• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

twite feeding stations (1 Viewer)

stuart scott

I've come across a few references to Twite feeding stations in the Pennines. Are these readily accessible for people to visit, and if so, can someone say where they are located?
White Holme Reservoir has popped up as a location but are there signs, or directions to find the feeder once there?
Also are they running all year round, or do Twite move off the hills in winter?…I forget….
Lastly, does anyone know if there are other feeding stations around the country?
thanks for any info
ta
stu

Deer Hill Reservoir, W Yorks.

The feeding station at this site is frequently mentioned on Birdguides.

Dave

Twite do move to the coast in winter. We get around 70-80 each winter at Greatham Creek/Seal Sands/Seaton Snook.

White Holme Reservoir has popped up as a location but are there signs, or directions to find the feeder once there? No the best area is in the southern area of the Reservoir, but Deer Hill is better and the more likely to produce
Also are they running all year round, or do Twite move off the hills in winter?…I forget….hmmm I have had them in all months and even in the snow, but they tend to flock up now before moving to the coast so it is a good time to go
Lastly, does anyone know if there are other feeding stations around the country? Not sure a lot of coastal sites get them in the winter and if seed is put down they will normally find it pretty quickly and become regular

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back