• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding website (1 Viewer)

Dean Shaw

Ystwyth Birder
Hi all, I know this is a birding forum, but I thought there might be someone who is well up on technology who can advise me on how to create an interesting birding website. My patch is the Ystwyth Valley between Cwm Ystwyth and the coast of Ceredigion, and I want to share some info on the best spots to see birds, as well as starting a blog to share my birding reports. Sorry if the question is a bit different. Thanks.

Any of the blogging platforms would be suitable, WordPress or Blogger are the big ones. Both can do a mix of static pages and blogs and both have a myriad of how to guides available. WordPress is more capable but Blogger is easier to use, in my opinion of course!

Why not use the Wales or Ceredigion thread on the Your Local Patch forum, or the Your Birding Day forum, both here on BF? Nowhere else will give you a wider birder audience.

I use the hPage Website Builder to create my website. Here: https://www.hpage.com

You can easily create web pages, write articles, and post photos on your website. I particularly love their slideshow gallery feature where I can post the pics of birds I spotted on a trip. hPage is SEO optimized as well so people can easily find your website once they search something particularly you wrote in your website and find it easily.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back