• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Name a Bird You've Photographed (6 Viewers)

BenjiS

Ginga Ninja
England
This is an idea I had, basically a copy of name a bird you've seen, but instead you have to have photographed it, and you need to post the photo when you name it.

We'll go with similar rules to the name a bird you've seen thread.

1. You have to have seen and photographed the bird - any photo's must be your own.
2. You cannot repeat a bird that someone else has already named.
3. You are allowed to make 3 wrong entries, after the 3rd you must sit out for the next 10 birds
4. You can't post two birds in a row (after yourself)
5. At least to start off with, try and link the bird you post with the previous bird (Name (i.e. Crow)), family, colour, body part)
6. Add your photo as an attached file rather than in post as this should make each post slightly smaller, meaning slightly less scrolling!

Below is a link to a spreadsheet which will hold all the birds named (if this goes as well as the name a bird you've seen thread we will need one!) If anyone wants to help keep it updated LMK (Let Me Know}.

New Spreadsheet here (not fully up to date yet (14 April 2024))
Now you should be able to search the scientific name to see whether or not the species you are attempting to add has been posted previously.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KPKtv15-Hr6FdS21UlybyRJSpn36M2o5eGOzW0xV1ww/edit?usp=sharing

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
2 Carrion Crow

Attachments

• BF Carrion Crow.jpg
    BF Carrion Crow.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 4
A bit confused by the Spreadsheet Ben. :unsure:

Your link shows there are 50 separate spread sheets, but whichever sheet number I click on it shows Sheet No 1?

Later on, to see if a bird has been played, it would be almost impossible to search through 50 sheets.

Why not put all the sheets into one Workbook. At least you can do a single search that way.

However, as only two columns are used, perhaps have Colums A & B from 1-99 Columns D & E 100 - 199 Columns F & G 200-299??

Just thoughts

A bit confused by the Spreadsheet Ben. :unsure:

Your link shows there are 50 separate spread sheets, but whichever sheet number I click on it shows Sheet No 1?

Later on, to see if a bird has been played, it would be almost impossible to search through 50 sheets.

Why not put all the sheets into one Workbook. At least you can do a single search that way.

However, as only two columns are used, perhaps have Colums A & B from 1-99 Columns D & E 100 - 199 Columns F & G 200-299??

Just thoughts
Those numbers aren't seperate sheets but just what I had written on the spreadsheet when I copied the link - the numbers from 1-300
It is a bit confusing though, I can see what you were thinking!
The list will just be going straight down - similar to the Name a Bird You've seen thread, so you can search the whole doc to see if something has or hasn't been mentioned before.

similar to the Name a Bird You've seen thread
LOL I've not looked at that thread since soon after I started adding entries. I'd no real need to once I'd run out of birds!!

I'll have a look at it later (going out shortly)

10: Silver Gull

Attachments

• BF Silver Gull 18 October 2019.jpg
    BF Silver Gull 18 October 2019.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 3
12 Black-headed Gull

Attachments

• BF Black-headed Gull 13 May, 2022 Saturday Fun.jpg
    BF Black-headed Gull 13 May, 2022 Saturday Fun.jpg
    409.1 KB · Views: 3
15: Australian Pelican

Attachments

• BF Australian Pelican 3 November 2019.jpg
    BF Australian Pelican 3 November 2019.jpg
    893.9 KB · Views: 3
American White Pelican
Hi! This is my first post. This is at a lake in Oklahoma.
Hi Okie Focus and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back