• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Winter Wish List (1 Viewer)

will562

What are you hoping for this winter?

I'm hoping that last year's resident Marsh Tit returns, and i've never seen a Brambling before so that would be great!

I would really like to see some Long-Tailed Tits this Winter, never had them in the garden before! I'd also like to see some Chaffinch, believe it or not I've only ever seen 2 in the garden. I'm hoping the GSW and Reed buntings return too!

Waxwing for me, please! I wouldn't say no to a Redwing and Fieldfare either.

sorry if we are talking about garden visitors then with a garden list of 11 i'm easily pleased,if the Goldfinches brought a chaffinch or Greenfinch in with them i'd be happy.Even some Tits would be nice.

What I hope for every winter & so far have never seen in my home state (or anywhere else for that matter): Snowy Owl

A Bohemian Waxwing would be nice. We get hundreds of Cedar Waxwings, but the Bohemian one just refuses to venture this far south (Missouri). I've been up to Minnesota a few times but they have managed to evade me even up there!

Other winter birds I would like to see in Missouri are Pine Grosbeak, Evening Grosbeak, redpoll, crossbill, Snowy Owl and some of the scoters.

Snowy Owl and Little Auk would be on the top of my list. Tomorrow I'm going to look through some local duck flocks in the hope of finding my own Green-winged Teal or American Wigeon though...

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back