• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help ID in USA - Mississippi (1 Viewer)

Jay MS

Please help ID this bird
I saw this bird for the first time today. She is slightly bigger than the sparrows. We saw her visit the feeder 3 times. She would go straight to the tray to eat, hardley moving around.

Thanks,
Jay

Attachments

• Spent most of her time eating.JPG
    Spent most of her time eating.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 106
  • stepped out of the shadow.JPG
    stepped out of the shadow.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 99
  • her best pose.JPG
    her best pose.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 109
Yep,yep ! Think those are real good calls from Jcwings and prairiemerlin . Def a brown-headed cowbird female. Wonder what that chippy is thinking about - give me some food ? or can I please raise your child ?

Last edited:
Thanks for the ID
The feeders are always busy with the chipping sparrows, usually 30+
This cowbird just started visiting. The sparrows will move out of the way at first, then start back to the food. The cowbird does not care about all the other birds, just eats.

prairiemerlin said:
You've got a female Brown-headed Cowbird there. Also a Chipping Sparrow in the first shot.

--Neil G.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back